BBQs are perfect events for summer vacation. You can get all your friends and family together, bring/cook tons of food, and enjoy each other’s company. The one issue that might come up is, what food you’ll serve your baby. Well, we have a list of the best recipes that are baby friendly! Please remember that the following recipes (except the lemonade) should only be served to babies who have already been eating solid food comfortably. Please be careful when feeding your baby any new solid foods, different textures should not be treated the same.
- Hidden Veggie Mac & Cheese: This is a great recipe you’ll be able to use for years to come. It’s a great way to get your kids to eat veggies without fighting or negotiating. They’ll love having a childhood mac and cheese recipe that is unique to their family!
- Grilled Pineapple & Watermelon Fruit Kabobs: Grilled fruit is a great way to show your children how many different ways fruit can be enjoyed. If you have not tried grilled fruit before the time has come, it is extremely juicy and the grill marks just make it more delicious. Your baby will get to experience a new way to enjoy fruit which helps make it a part of their lives.
- Grilled Chocolate Foil Banana Pack: These will become a go-to dessert in your household after just one bite. What’s not to love about banana, chocolate, marshmallow, and cinnamon toast crunch? You don’t even need the cereal and it will still be a fan favorite. Unfortunately, no real health benefits, but happiness doesn’t count calories!
- Berry Lemonade: Every BBQ needs a homemade refreshment. Time for your new world famous berry lemonade. This will be a hit and will probably be gone within minutes. At hot BBQs the best thing is ice cold lemonade, and the kids will be needing it the most. Your baby will love having a cup/bottle filled with the same juice that the older kids and adults are drinking.
- Lemon Grilled Zucchini: Vegetables can be quite a stressful subject in families, however this recipe will change even the most stubborn veggie haters. Grilled zucchini tastes amazing with just salt and pepper, but add some lemon juice and zest and you’ll have a bright, summery dish that your kids will eat like french fries. We love this for BBQs, it’s the perfect appetizer.
These recipes take your average BBQ and turns it on its head. From grilled fruits and vegetables, to hidden veggies and tasty desserts, your kid friendly BBQ will have the entire neighborhood jealous. Just be prepared to make these recipes all year long, they’ll be asking you for them every day.