What you'll need:
Peaches (6 peaches makes enough puree to fill 1 standard ice tray)
Hand held peeler
Food processor or blender
Small to medium pot with steamer basket or Olababy SteamBowl
- Begin by peeling your peaches, then cut them into smaller pieces.
- Fill your pot with water just below the steamer basket (or SteamBowl) and add the peaches and pot lid.
- Allow the water to come to a low boil and allow the peaches to steam for 15 minutes. The larger the pieces and the more firm the peaches, the more time they will require to cook.
- Remove once you can easily stab the peaches with a fork.
- Place the peaches in the blender and puree.
In honor of National Nutrition Month and the release of our brand new SteamBowl, we're providing you with healthy, nutritious baby food recipes all month long! We love this unique, simple applesauce recipe that Penny submitted in our SteamBowl giveaway contest!
1 butternut squash
1 cup brown rice
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water or breast milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
2. Cut butternut squash in half, de-seed and place on baking sheet, skin side down.
3. Cook in oven for 45-60 minutes or until squash is tender and can be pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly.
4. When cool enough to handle, remove squash from skin and place in blender. Add brown rice, applesauce and cinnamon. Puree for 1 minute adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments, if needed.
- Page 1 of 2